What is the point of having a platform for your business if you can’t make money out of it?
The most underutilised feature on Instagram for businesses is Instagram shops. If you are a product- based business, this is a key feature for you. Here’s why:
- 130 million people tap on an Instagram shopping post to learn about products EACH MONTH
- 36% of Instagrammers say they love to shop and consider it a hobby
- 65% of consumers visit a brand’s website or app after seeing a product on Instagram
- 63% of Instagram users logon at least once a day
- 200 million users visit at least one business profile on Instagram each day
- Instagram shoppable posts increased website traffic by 1,416%
Instagram shops give people a quick and easy way to shop and this is going to get even easier in 2021, with Instagram committing to simplify the process. Functionality coming soon will include in-app payments, product tags in reels and lives and advanced one-click purchasing.
Currently, users see a product, tap for information, and buy through your shop. Once you have set up your shop you can add tags to any post, video or story and people can buy or save the products for later.
It’s a quick and easy process for your customers and means they don’t need to go search for your website and the products in order to buy. People are lazy, they will take the easiest route possible (or none at all).
Want to find out how you can harness the power of Instagram shopping? I offer audits on existing shops and power hours on setting up a shop and how to strategically use shopping tags. Send me a message if you would like more information.