It’s Valentine’s Day, so why not mark the occasion by giving your social platforms a little love?
Many of your customers will first come across your brand via social media, so you need to ensure what they see is a clear representation of what you do and that your platforms are in the best position to entice potential new business.
Here’s 10 things you should be looking at on your social media platforms for optimum performance (do this on your mobile phone, so you are seeing what your customers are seeing):
- Glance at your page/feed and have a quick scroll down. What are your first impressions? Are they relaying the right type of message to your customers?
- Is your content delivering a benefit or value to the reader?
- Are all sections of your profile/bio filled in and are you using keywords that will attract your ideal customer?
- Do you have a clear and on-brand profile and cover image – will these images alone tell the customers what you do?
- If you have a website, have you entered the link into your profile/bio?
- How is your content performing? Are you getting engagement, are your posts the right type of content for your reader, what can you do to improve it?
- Are you posting regularly and consistently?
- Are you varying content type and utilising the other formats on the platform (stories, videos etc)?
- Have you been responding to visitor posts/comments and is your response time quick enough?
- Are you making it clear what problem your product/service solves and selling the benefit?
It’s OK if you feel you are not getting it right. The beauty of social media is that you can change it with immediate effect and you will soon reap the rewards. But you need to ensure this isn’t one-off exercise. Social media changes all the time as will your customer behaviour, so do this regularly and you will keep on track.
If you need a little help with any of the above points or would like a fresh pair of eyes to conduct an audit for you, just drop me a message for a free consultation.